Monday, December 31, 2012

Blog Hop

I was tagged in a blog hop by my friend, Drake Braxton, author of  the critically acclaimed Missing which was just nominated for best gay romance for the 25th Annual Lambda Lit Awards. Congratulations, Drake!

 To view his page, click here.

The purpose of the hop is to promote upcoming works, and as I have nothing close to being finished, I decided to promote my latest one, so on to the questions:

  1. What is the title of your latest book?
    • It is called  Out of the Past.
  2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
    • One night I had a dream that I felt would be a great story. It had all the components; great characters, a shady little villain, nice romance and sex.
  3. What genre does your book full under?
    • It is a m/m romance, with a bit of mystery/action.
  4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
    • For Paul, the schoolteacher, I always had T.R. Knight of Grey's Anatomy, in mind as I wrote. For Javier, the love interest, I would like to see Eddie Cibrian in the role.
  5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
    • Paul Vanderwall is not looking for love, but after a stint on jury duty, facing a hunky Latin lawyer for the duration of the trial, he is forced to confront issues out of his past in order to move forward into the future.
  6. Who published your book or was it self-published?
    • It was published by Seventh Window Publications.
  7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
    • It took me about 5 months to complete.
  8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
    • It is very similar to Missing, by Drake Braxton, in that they are both m/m romance with a little mystery and suspense, some action and sex.
  9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
    • It was a dream I had which I think was the Universe telling me that I should be writing as I have several other ideas floating around in my head taking up space.
  10. What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
    • Cher is woven in and out of the plot, cat lovers will also find something in the book for them, and maybe a hint of something supernatural. 
I tired very hard to find some others to tag, but only one person was able to participate. Please look for Jeremy G T Reuschling's blog next week.

For Jeremy's website click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment